- Sponsor: GlennFest Film Festival
- Where: Downey Civic Theatre
- Opening: Saturday, October 8, 2018 – 9:00am
- Closing: Sunday, October 9, 2018 – 10:00pm
- Parameters: All Medias, Mixed Medias, All Sizes, Self-Contained
- Fee: $8 per art pieces that are selected
- Theme: Movie and Hollywood inspired art pieces.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, September 23, 2018- Midnight
For many decades films have been a great source for entertainment for countless people throughout the entire world. Films take us to faraway places people could only see in their dreams, tells stories of great evils against a great goods, love, horror and history of great events and greater people. Over the years the medium has gone through changes and styles that has since become hyper realistic and provide an immersive experience.
In honor of the seventh year of the Glennfest Film Festival, Downey’s free film festival, we will be holding an art exhibition at the Downey Civic Theatre. We are looking for art pieces that take inspiration or based around different films that have been released. This includes portraits of the actors and actresses who have been involved in the film industry throughout history and other items or people surrounding the industry.
Selected artists will be featured in the galley booklet, with your contact information. All artists will access to all film screenings for the entire festival and can attend whichever ones they can as all screenings are free. Artists are also encouraged to attend our reception brunch Sunday, October 9 from 11am- 1pm with food, drinks and live music.
Artwork must be regarding theme:
For consideration, please submit the following to:
- Jpeg of artwork
- Title, Medium, Price, and Size
- Short description, one sentence, of relation to theme.
- Short biography about yourself, one paragraph, photo, website and social media information.
Those selected will be sent an artist’s information packet re details about delivery and retrieval.