The Traditional Artists’ Guild (TAG) of Paramount presents the 33rd. Panorama Traditional Art Show on March 8, 2014.
Show location is Progress Park West Plaza, 15500 Downey Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723.
Show hours are from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM with an Artists reception at 1:00 PM. Artist demonstration at 2:00 PM. Mayor’s award ceremony at 3:00 PM.
Any artist that wishes to show their work must pre-register with the show chairman, John Nowlin, by Saturday, February 22nd, 2014. For information on how to receive a show registration form, he can be reached at or (562) 925-9134. Registration and art drop off is on Monday, March 3, 2014 between 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
There are nine show categories: (1) Animals & Birds (2) Floral Scenes (3) Genre (4) Landscapes (5) Mechanical & Structural (6) Portraits (7) Seascapes (8) Still Life (9) Membership.
Four events will occur on Saturday, March 8th, 2014: The Show will be open for viewing from 9 AM to 1 PM. Beginning at 1 PM, the Women’s Club of Paramount will host a Reception for all participating artists. At 2 PM, a well known artist who judged, will give a demonstration. This work will be raffled along with many donated paintings. Following the demonstration and raffle, the prizes will be presented by the Mayor of Paramount. Note: The painting winning the Mayor’s Award will remain on display in the Paramount City Hall until after the City Council Meeting on June 3, 2014.
Further information below:
Traditional Artists’ Guild (TAG) of Paramount
33rd PANORAMA TRADITIONAL ART SHOW
Registration March 3, 2014
1.This is an open Show. Any artist living in Southern California is invited to participate. Artwork must be traditional, not abstract in nature, usually oil, acrylic, watercolor, or other medium.
2.REGISTRATION: You must register by returning the attached registration form with fee by February 22. You must bring your art work in for display on Monday, 3 March 2014, between 9 AM to 8 PM.
3. SHOW LOCATION: Progress Park West Plaza, 15500 Downey Blvd, Paramount, CA 90723
4. RULES OF ENTRY: Your artwork will be displayed on a PANEL: Cost of One panel is $30 or two panels are $50. Artwork must be signed by the artist. Canvases must be dry, framed and wired (saw-tooth hangers are not permitted). Watercolors must be under glass, framed and wired. TAG will not be held responsible for damage or loss.
5. PANELS: The size of each panel is 4 feet wide by 6 feet high. You may display up to 4 works on a panel. Example: a. Four mixed sizes. b. Three framed 16 x 20 paintings. c. Two framed 20 x 24 paintings. d. One very large painting.
6. LABELS: TAG will place a label near each artwork based on your registration information.
7. SALE of Art: Any artwork sold during the Show will be required to donate 10% to TAG.
8. SHOW DATES: Saturday March 8 from 9 Am to 1 PM. Reception follows at 1 PM. Demo begins at 2 PM, then Mayor’s Awards Ceremony
9. AWARDS: Awards will be given in 9 categories plus 5 special awards: 1. (AB) Animals & Birds 2. (FL) Floral Scenes 3. (GE) Genre 4. (LS) Landscapes 5. (MS) Mechanical & Structural 6. (PO) Portraits 7. (SC) Seascapes 8. (SL) Still Life 9. (MB) Membership
a. There must be a dozen (12) entries in a category to be judged. Otherwise, it will be consolidated with another category at the discretion of the Show Chairman.
b. Ribbons and Prizes will be given for four (4) places in each category plus five (5) Special Awards (see reverse side). Honorable Mention ribbons will be given at the discretion of the judge.
10. SHOW CHAIRMAN:John B Nowlin
Awards and Prizes
Each of the 9 CATEGORIES will be judged and given these 4 ribbons.
The following are the ribbons and prizes to be awarded:
First Place Blue $ 50
Second Place Red $ 40
Third Place Yellow $ 30
Top Honorable Mention White $ 20
In addition, the judge may recognize several other artists with an Honorable Mention award. The following is the ribbon and prize to be awarded:
Honorable Mention Green $ 10
Membership category: If a member’s artwork did not receive a First place through Top Honorable Mention in the other eight (8) categories, only then will their artwork be eligible for consideration for this award.
There are five (5) special awards selected from all artwork submitted.
Judge’s Award (Outstanding Oil) Maroon $ 60
Judge’s Award (Outstanding Watercolor) Hot Pink $ 60
Judge’s Award (Outstanding Other Media) Black $ 60
Chairman’s Award Hunter & Lt Green $ 70
Mayor’s Award (Best of Show) Blue & Yellow $500
Note: The Mayor’s Award will be displayed at Paramount City Hall until the conclusion of the June 3, 2014 Council Meeting.
To download a registration form, click here.