Membership is one of the key ways that you can support the mission of Downey Arts Coalition. We are an open membership non-profit, guided by your ongoing support and influence. There are no requirements to become a member, though we encourage anyone with a heart for this community to find ways to get involved and volunteer.
- $15 – Individuals
- $20 – Couples or families
- $25 – Businesses or organizations
Some membership benefits:
- A strong membership base shows the city and grant-makers that we have active support in our community
- Artists that are members form an identity in the community as they take part in multiple group shows*
- Member artists can have the participation fee waived for one art show per year
- Member organizations or project leaders can promote their work or event through our online channels
- Members vote each year to elect the board of directors
- Members can apply for material support or fiscal sponsorship for their project or event (DAC_Project_Application_Form)
Able to do more? Become a sustaining member at $100/year which will go toward funding the arts programs we sponsor throughout the year.
Thank you for your support!
The mission of the Downey Arts Coalition is to stimulate, develop, foster, encourage, and promote public interest in, and appreciation of the arts.
- Create and promote opportunities for the community to experience the work of local artists, writers, directors, musicians and performers.
- Foster a community of artists and creative people to learn from each other, collaborate on projects, and encourage one another to do our best work.
- Provide a means for arts advocates and leaders of local arts organizations to discuss, share, and work together for the enhancement of the arts and culture in our city.
*participation in art shows is subject to curator approval, work can be submitted to .